Meetings of County Brown Act bodies will be held in person effective January 9, 2023. For Board of Supervisors meetings, Board Policy Committee meetings, and meetings of certain other County Brown Act bodies, members of the public may also attend and participate remotely via video conference or telephone. Online streaming of Board of Supervisors and Board Policy Committee meetings will continue to be provided.
Board of Supervisors meetings have moved to a new meeting portal platform effective January 22, 2024. The new link can be found below. All other meeting bodies are expected to move to the new meeting portal page shortly thereafter. Until those meeting bodies can be migrated to the new platform, materials for those meetings can be found at the outgoing meeting portal that remains below. For now, past Board of Supervisors meeting documents since 1997 will also be found at the outgoing meeting portal link. The link for livestreamed and archived YouTube videos remains the same.
- Agenda Portal: Board of Supervisors (New)
- Agenda Portal: Other Meeting Bodies and Historical Documents (Outgoing)
- YouTube Channel (Board of Supervisors and Board Policy Committee Meetings)
Alternative Streaming Options:
Public Comment Instructions for Board of Supervisors Meetings
Members of the public may provide public comments at Board meetings as follows:
- Written public comments may be submitted by email to [email protected]. Written comments will be distributed to the Board as quickly as possible. Please note that it may take up to 24 hours for documents to be posted to the agenda outline.
- Spoken public comments may be provided in person in the Board of Supervisors’ Chambers. Please fill out a Request to Speak Form and submit it to the Clerk.
- Spoken public comments may also be provided by video conference or telephone. Video conference (Zoom) links for meetings will be provided at the top of each agenda and on the Board of Supervisors Welcome Page of the County Meeting Portal. To address the Board by video conference, click on the Zoom link provided to access the meeting. Please read the following instructions carefully.
- You may download the Zoom client or connect to the meeting in-browser. If using your browser, make sure you are using a current, up-to-date browser: Chrome 30+, Firefox 27+, Microsoft Edge 12+, Safari 7+. Certain functionality may be disabled in older browsers including Internet Explorer. You may also call in to the Zoom meeting using the phone number posted on the agenda.
- You will be asked to enter an email address and name. We request that you identify yourself by name as this will be visible online and will be used to notify you that it is your turn to speak.
- When the Board President calls for the item on which you wish to speak, click on “raise hand.” The Clerk will activate and unmute speakers in turn. Speakers will be notified shortly before they are called to speak. (Call in attendees press *9 to request to speak, and *6 to unmute when prompted.)
- When called, please limit your remarks to the time limit allotted.
NOTE: In the event that there are technical problems that prevent remote public participation, the President has the discretion to continue the meeting without remote public participation options, provided that no Board member is participating in the meeting via teleconference.
If you only wish to watch the meeting without addressing the Board, the Clerk of the Board of Supervisors requests that you utilize one of the standard streaming options provided above.
In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and the Brown Act, individuals requiring accommodation for Board meetings should notify the Office of the Clerk of the Board at least 24 hours prior to the meeting at (408) 299-5001 or [email protected].
The County of Santa Clara Meeting Portal includes agendas, minutes, videos, and supporting materials for all meetings of the Board of Supervisors and Board Policy Committees.